2. distribution B2B
Business-to-business sales (B2B) refers to the initiation of business relationships and sales processes that take place between two or more companies. Example: The sale of an intermediate product, e.g. an injection pump to a car manufacturer. In contrast to B2B sales, business-to-consumer sales (B2C) are classic end-customer sales.
Characteristics of B2B sales compared to B2C:
- Buying processes are usually lengthy because of the products and services that need to be explained. Impulse purchases usually only occur in B2C sales.
- Buying decisions are often made by a cross-departmental group of experts, the so-called buying centre.
- Buyer personas: The heterogeneous composition of the buying centre makes the creation of buyer personas more difficult.
- Individual customisations are a more frequent part of B2B purchases: so-called customising.
- Personal consultations via the service-oriented and often technically skilled sales expert are required in B2B buying processes.
- Advertising: All advertising measures serve to generate leads, not to actually conclude a purchase.
- Customer Journey: The customer journey in B2B is characterised by intensive information gathering. The provision of valuable information is crucial here.
As the B2B buying and consulting process is increasingly shifting to the online area, it is important to support sales with technical and content-related means. With visual engagement tools, the B2B purchase process, after-sales measures and also maintenance can be accompanied via online tools.
readyCon supports you in B2B sales in the development of new consulting and sales processes.
We look forward to your message
readyCon GmbH & Co. KG
Am Riedtobel 3 - 87509 Immenstadt-Stein